Live and Don't Spam

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

How would YOU define Criminal Investigation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamesscot84

PostSubject: How would YOU define Criminal Investigation?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:16 am

I'm taking a Criminal Investigation class. Last week was the first day and all we did was listen to the lecture.

What the professor wants us to do is to do is explain what is Criminal Investigation to us and to analysis the definition in the book.

Here is the book's definition:

"A group of scholars looking into police work define criminal investigation as "the collection of information and evidence for identifying, apprehending, and convicting suspected offenders." Professor Ralph E. Turner of Michigan State University prefers:"A criminal investigation is the reconstruction of a past even." either definition may be clarified further by examining the specific responsibilities of the investigator."

What the professor wants is to analysis both definition. discuss, if any, bad qualities in each definition. And to unify a better definition of our own.

The first definition to me appears to look for the people(s) responsible and find evidence against them. The second one appears to simply finding the chronology of events leading to the already established outcome. But I do not see what is wrong with any definition.

Perhaps someone skilled in Criminal Investigation, or at least taken a CI class, can help me? I'm hoping to give a good first impression when asked.

Private Investigator London
Private Detective London
Back to top Go down

How would YOU define Criminal Investigation?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Baby Yoshi Fan Games Galaxy :: Genral :: Talk-
Jump to: