Live and Don't Spam

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Water damaged iPhone... what are my options? Insurance? Please help. 10 points best answer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamesscot84

PostSubject: Water damaged iPhone... what are my options? Insurance? Please help. 10 points best answer?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:11 pm

So about 3-4 weeks ago I dropped my beloved, uninsured iPhone 4 down a piss filled toilet as it was flushing.

Since then, I left it in a box of rice/2 packs of silica for over a week. I turned it on, it came on, i swiped it to unlock, it responded well, but after swiping it just turned off. This kept happening. So I took it to a place in town where they give you a new replacement for £120 but for whatever reason they couldn't do it, so I'm back to square one.

I've considered my options for hours on end day after day; money is limited, I have about £500 in the bank but I'm moving to Uni next month and I'll need all of that I can get to tide me over since my loan barely covers my accommodation fees.

One option I've considered is buying a new smartphone on pay as you go (the galaxy s2 i have in mind, though i'd need a little extra cash and as I said would be skint for uni) then getting it unlocked and using my sim in that. (My sim is on 3 network one plan £35 a month on a 24 month contract which I'm only 4 months in to).

Another option I've considered is taking out insurance on it now, and then making a claim. However there's a few issues with that; I'm presuming you have to wait a certain amount of time before being able to make a claim (which I am rather unwilling to do having already gone 3 weeks with a shitty nokia) and also whether they would be able to tell if I had dropped it in the water before I signed up even if I did wait that amount of time. If anyone has experience successful or not in taking that route please respond and tell me how it went!

The final option I considered is getting another contract phone; I could get the galaxy s2 for 25£ per month but add that to my iPhone bill and I'm paying £60 per month for the foreseeable future which isn't ideal for a skint student living on bugger all at uni as it is.

I'm really stuck on this one and don't know what the hell to do. I want a new phone by the 15th Sept. at latest as that is when I move out to University. So I'm rather impatient now and need to decide what to do.

Any advice would be massively appreciated, 10 points for a decent answer!

Please help ! Sad -Chris

water damage iphone
Back to top Go down

Water damaged iPhone... what are my options? Insurance? Please help. 10 points best answer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1